- Can I purchase directly from Van Lier Nurseries? This depends! We do only sell our flowers directly to florists and wholesalers. If you fit this category, then please flick us through an email to email@example.com. We are happy to answer any questions you have and will send to you via email all the necessary information you need to fill out to open an account. Once your account is open, you are more than welcome to purchase from us!
If you are wanting the flowers for your own personal use, we recommend that you get in touch with one of our lovely florists or wholesalers. Click here for a list of florists and wholesalers who always have our flowers on hand.
- Can I buy a plant for my garden from Van Lier Nurseries? Unfortunately not! Due to contracts and royalties the sale of our plants are strictly limited to New Zealand Commercial Cut Flower Growers. Under no circumstances are we able to sell these items individually, or in bulk, to those who do not fit the above category.
- Is there a cut off time for placing my order? While we always try our very best to fill all orders we receive, it does make it very hard for us to fulfill orders sent through to us at the last minute. We ask that all Auckland orders are in by 10am for same day delivery & out of Auckland orders to be in by 12.30pm the day of dispatch.
- How far in advance should I place my order? There is no limit to how far in advance you place your order. We work on a first come - first serve basis so the earlier the better! We recommend especially with wedding orders, that you pop your order through as soon as everything is confirmed with your customer. We also recommend that if you are wanting David Austin Roses or Gypsophila to put your order in as soon as possible as these are both in extremely high demand.
- Can I have a standing order? Standing orders are not compulsory, but highly recommend! It takes the stress out of placing orders every week & means that fresh, quality product is consistently delivered to your door each week.
- Is there a minimum spend amount? No! We do prefer that all orders are over the value of $100, but know that on occasion this isn't always achievable.
- What payment options does Van Lier offer? All accounts with us are required to be set up to direct debit, which runs on a 7-day payment process.
- Can I pick up my order? Yes! You are more than welcome to pick up your order from our Riverhead Branch (241 Riverhead Road, Riverhead). We are open for collection of flowers on Monday - Friday between 8am to 4.30pm.
- What delivery services does Van Lier offer for Auckland customers? All Auckland deliveries are a same-day service. We have collections from us twice a day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We do try and get all deliveries out on the morning run where possible. However, if you do have a preference to which delivery option you would like, then please let us know.
- What delivery service does Van Lier offer for out of Auckland customers? All out of Auckland deliveries are sent on an overnight delivery service with Fastways courier. These leave from us at about 3pm and are delivered the next day. An email is sent to you from Fastways, with tracking information. Whilst Fastways cannot guarantee a delivery time, as it depends on their run for the day, they do try and deliver to all business address' first.
- Am I able to have a Saturday Delivery? Fastways are able to make Saturday deliveries to some address' for an extra cost of $4. If you are in need of a Saturday delivery, but unsure as to whether they can deliver to you, give us a call on (09) 412 2664 & we'll be more than happy to find out for you. Currently, we don't offer a Saturday delivery service for Auckland customers.
- Which flowers are available all year around? All of our flowers are available all year around, due to being in glasshouses and plastic houses where we control the conditions. However, we do receive less production during the colder winter months. Gypsophila, Solidago, Statice and Veronica do grow all year around, but are a flush or bust crop - meaning we often have lots of it or nothing at all. We try our best to foresee this and not take orders when we aren't going to have any available. However, if you have placed anything on order and we aren't able to fulfill it, we will let you know as early as we can.
- How many stems per bunch of flowers? All of our Premium, Standard, David Austin and Dolcetto Roses are all bunched in 10 stem bunches. Also, Standard and Spray Carnations are bunched in 10 stem bunches. Everything else is bunched in 5 stem bunches - Spray Roses, Alstroemeria, Green Wicky, Solidago, Statice, Veronica, Limonium, Parzival & Gypsophila.
- What is the pricing of Van Lier's flowers? We have two predominant price lists throughout the year - Summer & Winter. Among these two price lists, we do have additional price lists for peak periods, namely - Christmas, Mother's Day & Valentine's Day. All price lists are emailed out to all customers before they come into effect.
- What should I do if I'm not happy with the quality of my flowers? We pride ourselves on the high quality & freshness of our product, so if you aren't happy with them, neither are we! In the very rare occasion that you aren't happy with our flowers, simply send us an email with the photo of the product for us to discuss.
Sign up for email and be first to see new products and specials